Around here “granola” bars are a common snack item. They are perfect for on-the-go and don’t require any prep when we are busy.
The problem is that most store-bought bars, even organic ones, have a laundry list of ingredients. And even if those ingredients aren’t necessarily harmful, I still prefer to avoid products that are super processed and contain added sugars.
Which is why I love making date bars.
They don’t require cooking, they don’t have added sugars and you can pretty much create any combination you want. And they really are super easy to make.
|Vanilla Coconut Almond Date Bars|| || |
- 1 cup raw almonds (soaked and dried)
- 1⅓ cups pitted dates
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- ⅛ tsp salt
- Place all the ingredients into food processor or high powered blender.
- Blend until solid and slightly sticky. It will become a large lump with most of it stuck together.
- Remove lump and press any loose pieces into it and place on a sheet of wax paper.
- Place another piece of wax paper on top of the lump and do your best to flatten and form into a square or rectangle.
- Place in a fridge for a few hours to make it easier to cut.
- Cut into squares or rectangles and store in fridge in between sheets of wax or parchment paper, or you can wrap each one individually in wax paper for putting in lunches or for on the go. You can use a cute sticker to seal them for kids lunches!
This is one of my favorite flavors of date bars but I also have made some other flavor combinations:
- Chocolate Chip Brownie Larabars
- Almond Coconut Larabars Recipe (similar to this one but with less coconut)
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Larabar Recipe