Today was my sister-in-law’s baby shower. Yep, we got 2 of ’em and nope, she did not get a virtual baby shower. I’m only one woman!
Anyhoo, we’re about 45 minutes away from everyone and my son had soccer this morning, so we scrambled and got out of the house and actually arrived at the shower about 40 minutes early!
On the drive up there, we saw a woman curling her hair in the passenger seat of a car. First of all, who does that? Second, HOW???? Last I saw, cars don’t come with household type outlets. At least she wasn’t driving.
The shower was beautiful. It was at my in-laws, the decorations were adorable, everyone looked great and it was nice to see some folks we hadn’t seen in awhile. Then my father-in-law and my husband went to pick up the food. They somehow screwed up and didn’t have the order. Can you believe that? It is a local place that we often use and they have been in business for years. In the end, they managed to make enough chicken and give them a tray of cold mostaccioli. They then tried to charge them full price. My father-in-law talked them into taking about 60% of the regular cost for the trouble. I felt so bad for my mother-in-law. The rest of the shower went great and the gifts were wonderful!
My husband had had some beer so he asked me to drive home. He nagged me like the whole time to “drive faster.” Well, I don’t drive at night and I’m not used to the lights and the shadows and I was a bit cautious. No one ever regrets being cautious!
Then, after we got home Abby, of course, was wide awake at almost 10pm but she was acting kind of funny. She kept swallowing and crying a little bit but deliberate swallowing and way too much. I flipped out. I thought she was choking but Ed said she couldn’t be choking if she was crying. After what seemed like at least 10 minutes but was probably barely 30 seconds past, she was fine and laughing and talking and running amuck! But now I’m paranoid and keep going in her room checking on her while she sleeps. I think maybe it was her sinuses since she seems to have a stuffy nose, but it was scary!