For many parents across the country, the upcoming back-to-school season presents a whole new set of challenges never before experienced.
And middle school is like a whole other world compared to elementary school!
As kids get older they have so many more valuable items they are responsible for, but luckily they have lockers to be able to secure their stuff. It’s amazing to me how different that stuff is compared to when I was in middle school. Sure we had computers back then but a 3.5 inch floppy disc was almost as big as a tablet computer! And iPods? No, we had a ‘Walkman’ that played cassette tapes. When you got to the end you had to turn it over or rewind it to hear it again. And it weighed like 14 lbs.
With my son starting middle school this year, we are definitely faced with new challenges. He is allowed to bring his iPod to school, we have considered getting him a basic phone for emergencies, and he will get a MacBook from the school that he will have to take care of. I know that he is a responsible kid but apparently there is a 50% chance he will have something stolen from him at school!
Nearly half of North American parents admitted that their child has had an item stolen from them at school, with the most valuable being their cell phone.*
With that rather concerning statistic, we want to make sure that his stuff is protected!
Another challenge that comes with middle school, is that for the first time, my son will have a locker to store his stuff in. I remember those days, and I remember being so confused and scared about not getting to classes on time, that I would carry all of my stuff with me. And it was heavy. And unnecessary, especially when there is a locker available and a Master Lock combination lock to keep it safe.
So I created this chart that will make it easy for him to keep track of where he needs to be, when he needs to be there, and exactly what books and supplies he needs for each class. This way he won’t end up hurting himself from lugging around all of his stuff to each and every class. (Click the graphic for a printable pdf.)
This chart will keep him from hurting himself and Master Lock gives us the peace-of-mind to know that his valuables are safe.
Some facts about Master Lock:
- Master Lock has been making locks since 1921.
- Master Lock is the world’s largest manufacturer of padlocks and security products.
- Master Lock’s variety of back-to-school products are designed with security and style in mind.
- Master Lock understands the need to ensure that students don’t forget their combination.
- In 2010 Master Lock revolutionized the lock industry with a reinvention of the traditional padlock with Speed Dial – the first padlock that opens with directional movements instead of a dial.
Master Lock Back-To-School products:
- 1500eDBX dialSpeed Digital Combination Lock
- This high-tech lock allows fast access, resettable guest codes, one-handed operation, and no-look operation. You will never forget your combination by using a unique online Backup Master Code retrievable from masterlockvault.com. For more info: 1500eDBX Combination Lock.
- 1535DWD Set-Your-Own Combination Locks
- This lock let’s you set your own custom combination of numbers or words. This makes it much easier to remember the combination, and you can change it whenever you want. Stylish and affordable, it’s the perfect lock for someone new to using combination locks. For more info: 1535DWD Combination Lock.
Master Lock Photo Hunt Challenge
Take the sting off back-to-school by entering the Master Lock Photo Hunt Challenge and enter to win some amazing prizes!
- Learn about Master Lock products and find the right one for you in this timed photo challenge.
- Enter to win Master Lock products in addition to other great products like Blu-Ray players, gift cards, and a grand prize of a Samsung Media Center package.
- Now through September 1st.
- Spot the difference between 2 photos to enter to win.
- Earn extra entries by sharing on Twitter.
- More than 65 chances to win!
Master Lock Twitter Party
For even more back-to-school fun and prizes with Master Lock, make sure you check out the Twitter party details below!
- When: August 5th at 8pm EST
- Hashtag: #MasterBackToSchool
- RSVP: Master Lock Back-To-School Twitter Party