So many people complain that they don’t have the TIME to have a healthy breakfast.
They have so many responsibilities in the morning to get kids off to school, get themselves off to work, etc. that they don’t eat healthy or don’t eat at all for breakfast. But what they don’t realize is that breakfast can be easy, healthy and fit into their busy morning routines.
Healthy doesn’t necessarily mean an egg white spinach omelet or a 100% vegetable juice smoothie. Healthy can mean a simple poached egg or a bowl of steel cut oatmeal and a glass of orange juice. Actually, pair 100% Florida Orange Juice with most things you eat in the morning and it will at least give you the extra edge you need to start the day off right, even if your food choices aren’t completely ideal.
OJ tastes great. Especially when it is fresh squeezed but even if it is from a carton, it tastes real, natural and sweet. Orange juice also gives me energy, I feel more sharp and focused and much less sluggish when I start my day with a glass of it. In our modern food culture, 100% Florida Orange Juice is a much better choice that sports drinks filled with fake colors and sugary sodas filled with chemicals. My body and my mind feel better drinking 100% OJ.
If you are interested in how orange juice can help you towards a healthier lifestyle, below are some nutrition tips from Kathleen M. Zelman, MPH, RD:
- Jumpstart your morning with a nutritious meal that includes protein, fruit and energizing nutrient-dense carbs.
- Think you don’t have time for a complete breakfast? Blend your favorite fruit with 100 percent Florida orange juice and low-fat yogurt for a convenient, on-the-go smoothie.
- Want to jazz up your weekend breakfast? Substitute 100 percent Florida orange juice for water in your pancake batter to give your meal a zesty, new taste.
- When looking for a snack, think outside the box before trying to satisfy your cravings from roadside convenience stores or airport kiosks.
- Plan ahead and take a cooler with portable, smart snacks that fit your on-the-go lifestyle like nuts, hummus with veggies, granola bars and 8-ounce cartons of 100 percent orange juice that will help give you the energy and nutrients you need to get through your travel day.
- Outdoor grilling and dining is a great way for your family and friends to enjoy the warmer weather.
- Protein is a vital part of your daily diet, as it provides nutrients and may help satisfy hunger longer than most fats or carbohydrates.
- Choose leaner cuts of beef, pork, and poultry to grill and pair your protein with other nutrient-rich foods, such as high-fiber fruit, vegetables, whole grains and healthy fats. Add 100 percent Florida orange juice to marinades for poultry and pork for a refreshing citrus zing and pour a glass of 100 percent orange juice to accompany your meal.
100% Florida Orange Juice is often overlooked I think as a positive addition to a healthy lifestyle. Did you know that:
A key recommendation of the Dietary Guidelines for Americans is to increase fruit intake. One 8-ounce glass of 100 percent orange juice provides half of the USDA-recommended daily fruit intake for most adults, based on a 2,000-calorie diet.
In a society where most people don’t get nearly what they need in terms of nutrients, a simple glass of OJ provides HALF of the recommended fruit intake! What an easy way to make sure you get enough fruit into your diet, with the added benefits of tasting great and helping you feel great too.