It’s been a couple of weeks now that I have been following The Skinny Gut Diet and along the way I have learned how to make snacking easier. Healthy snacking is an important part of The Skinny Diet to keep your metabolism moving in the right direction.
As I mentioned previously, The Skinny Gut Diet has 3 Simple Steps to set you on the path to permanent weight loss:
- Eat more fat (healthy fat) to reduce silent inflammation.
- Eat living foods every day to balance your gut.
- Eat protein at every meal and snack to eliminate cravings.
In The Skinny Gut Diet, author Brenda Watson recommends 1-2 ounces of protein with each snack.
These 25 snack ideas are not only gut-friendly, but they are quick and easy as well. Combine them as needed to make sure you have the recommended protein with each snack.
25 Quick & Easy Gut-Friendly Snacks
- Granny Smith apple with almond butter
- Frozen mixed berries
- Plain Greek yogurt
- Baby carrots & hummus
- Chopped veggies w/olive oil
- Hard boiled egg
- Raw milk cheese
- Salami (nitrate-free)
- Handful of raw mixed nuts (no peanuts)
- Dehydrated apples
- Protein shake with added fiber
- Sliced chicken breast
- Homemade jerky
- Meatballs (made without bread)
- Guacamole with veggiee
- Deviled eggs
- Hollowed out cucumbers with cottage cheese
- Kale chips
- Zucchini chips
- Mini Cucumber “sandwiches” with cheese & lunch meat (nitrate-free)
- Avocado slices with lemon
- Tuna and bacon slices
- Lunch meat and cheese lettuce wraps
- Cauliflower “popcorn”
- Beet chips
Having these easy snacks available make it much easier to stay on target to meet my goals. Since starting The Skinny Gut Diet I have noticed less bloating and more energy during the day. I followed a fairly similar diet prior to starting so the changes aren’t super drastic but I have definitely noticed less bloating in my stomach.
In addition to following the 3 Simple Steps, I have also added a probiotic and am making sure I am increasing my fiber intake.
For more information about The Skinny Diet and to follow my progress, make sure to follow the hashtag #SkinnyGutDiet.
Brenda Watson, the author of The Skinny Gut Diet discusses snack foods in the video below: