When you follow a low carb, LCHF or keto diet, you find that you end up eating a lot of eggs. Eggs for breakfast. Eggs for lunch. Even eggs for dinner. So you search for creative options to give you some variety.
I like to use eggs to make a casserole. Depending upon what you add to it, it can work for any meal and really you have a limitless variety of meal options. Plus it serves a lot and is very filling so you can turn it into multiple meals or serve the whole family for a single meal.
|Low Carb Sausage and Egg Breakfast Casserole|| |
- 1 pound ground pork or ground pizza sausage
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 6 large eggs
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon Italian seasoning (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Brown sausage in a skillet.
- Whisk together eggs, seasonings and shredded cheese.
- Drain sausage and allow to cool.
- Blend sausage and egg mixture and pour into a 9" pie pan.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes or until firm.
You can add veggies to this or serve it with a red sauce or a cream sauce. You can use a pie dish or double the recipe and make a much larger casserole. You can even bake it in a cast iron pan! The possibilities are endless! You can also slice this up to make it easy to reheat the slices for breakfast all week.