When you follow a low carb, LCHF or keto diet, you find that you end up eating a lot of eggs. Eggs for breakfast. Eggs for lunch. Even eggs for dinner. So you search for creative options to give you some variety.
I like to use eggs to make a casserole. Depending upon what you add to it, it can work for any meal and really you have a limitless variety of meal options. Plus it serves a lot and is very filling so you can turn it into multiple meals or serve the whole family for a single meal.
|Low Carb Sausage and Egg Breakfast Casserole|| |
- 1 pound ground pork or ground pizza sausage
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 6 large eggs
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon Italian seasoning (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Brown sausage in a skillet.
- Whisk together eggs, seasonings and shredded cheese.
- Drain sausage and allow to cool.
- Blend sausage and egg mixture and pour into a 9" pie pan.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes or until firm.
You can add veggies to this or serve it with a red sauce or a cream sauce. You can use a pie dish or double the recipe and make a much larger casserole. You can even bake it in a cast iron pan! The possibilities are endless! You can also slice this up to make it easy to reheat the slices for breakfast all week.
What would you add to this casserole?
You might also enjoy these delicious low carb recipes: