I have to admit that the idea of a cruise vacation never really appealed to me. Being confined on board a floating city with a bunch of strangers just wasn’t something that was high on my bucket list. Sure, some of the activities and excursions sounded fun, but at what cost? Tiny staterooms. Crowded dining areas. And very limited possibilities.
I don’t admit this very often…
But boy was I wrong!
On April 3rd I set sail on board Royal Caribbean’s Liberty of the Seas for our 6th Brandcation event and it has changed the way I think about cruises.
I’m going to share with you my experience on this massive ship in a series of articles that highlight the features and give you some great tips on how to make the most of your cruise experience.
For now, I will leave you with some photos and facts about Royal Caribbean’s Liberty of the Seas but stay tuned for a lot more!
- 154,407 gross register tonnage
- 1,112 feet long
- 185 feet wide
- 28 feet draft
- 21.6 knots cruising speed
- 15 passenger decks
- 14 passenger elevators
- 4 bow thrusters
- 3,634 guests (double occupancy)
- 4,375 guests (total)
- 1,360 crew (International)
- Total: 1,817
- Ocean View: 1,084 (842 with balconies)
- Interior: 733 (172 Promenade View)
- Staterooms with third/fourth berths: 855
- Wheelchair accessible staterooms: 32
All staterooms convert to Royal king size bed configuration and have private bath, vanity area, closed-circuit, flat panel LED televisions, electric mini-bar, hair dryers and individually controlled air-conditioning.
- DreamWorks Experience
- VitalitySpa & FitnessCenter
- Three Pools
- Six Whirlpools
- Sports Court
- Rock-climbing Wall
- Nine-hole Miniature Golf Course
- FlowRider® surf simulator
- Ice Skating Rink
- Jogging Path
- Outdoor Movie Screen
- Video Arcade
- Art & Photo Gallery
- Medical Center
- Royal Caribbean Online Internet Center
Click the image below for a larger version:Brandcation.