There are times during our wonderful below-freezing months here in Indiana where a hearty soup sounds like just what the doctor ordered to warm you from the inside out.
It needs to be so dense that it fills you up as if it was a full meal.
This soup does the trick!
We don’t do white potatoes too often, but we do indulge from time to time, and this soup makes it worth it!
|Potato and Cream Cheese Soup|| |
- 8 cups of chicken broth
- 2-3 lbs potatoes (peeled and cut into cubes)
- 2 tbsp dried minced onions
- 1 tsp all-season salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp paprika
- 2 - 8 oz packages of cream cheese (softened and cut into small pieces)
- 12 pieces of fully cooked crumbled bacon (optional)
- Add broth, poatoes onions and all seasonings to a dutch oven.
- Boil over medium heat until potatoes are soft.
- Reduce heat and add cream cheese.
- Stir until thickened and cream cheese is full blended.
- Stir in bacon.
- Serve with your favorite bread (grain-free for us)
It’s soooo thick and creamy, it’s all we had for dinner and there was enough left over for a couple more bowls the next day.
We arm wrestled for it.