Let’s face it, game day is really just a backdrop to something more important. The food. Whether your team wins or loses, having a tasty spread can make or break how you remember the big game. But planning your game day menu doesn’t have to be complicated or daunting if you follow these 3 guidelines:
- It doesn’t need to be difficult to make, it just needs to be delicious
- Use ingredients from brands you trust – this is not the time to experiment
- Stick with traditional flavors just be creative in their presentation
I like to do the big game up right with this easy and delicious pizza dip baked right into a bread bowl using Ragu® sauce from Sam’s Club. Ragu® is definitely a trusted brand in my house. They have a tradition of quality ingredients that shows in every bite. I love using Ragu® in my game day recipes because it already has great flavor and seasonings right in the sauce which saves me time and because it’s Ragu® I know that my dish will turn out delicious every time.
Sam’s Club helps me stock up for the big game with a 3 pack of 45oz jars, which is enough for all of my game day recipe needs.
Ragu® is a key ingredient in my Pizza Dip Bread Bowl recipe. You can take a look at how the recipe goes together in the video below.
You can serve this dip with just about anything you like! The bread you pulled out of the center, veggies, chips, pork rinds, heck you can even eat it with a spoon. And then once it’s gone, you can eat the bowl!
Delicious gooey goodness, just perfect for the big game. Sort of like pizza on a chip.
As you prepare for the big game, grab some Ragu® and other fixins’ from Sam’s Club and enjoy! Visit Ragu.com for more great game day recipe ideas.
|Pizza Dip Bread Bowl Game Day Recipe|| |
- olive oil
- 1 pound ground Italian sausage
- 1 cup Ragu® Traditional Sauce
- 16 ounces round rustic bread loaf
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup grated or shredded Parmesan cheese
- dried oregano
- sliced pepperoni (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Heat olive oil over medium heat and cook sausage until browned. Drain.
- Combine sauce with the sausage and simmer on low until warm. Set aside.
- Cut the center out of the loaf of bread being careful not to pierce the bottom of the loaf to create a bowl. Save the removed bread to be used for dipping later.
- Add ¼ cup of shredded mozzarella to the bottom of the bread bowl, then pour in the sauce and sausage mixture. Add the cheeses to the top of the bowl, then place pepperoni on top. You can also put the pepperoni underneath the cheese.
- Place bread bowl on a baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted and slightly browned.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sides and cut up pieces of bread that you pulled from the center of the loaf.
How do you enjoy the big game?
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Ragu®. The opinions and text are all mine.