A couple of weeks ago I had 2 sweet potatoes sitting on my counter and I had a craving for pasta. So I typed “sweet potato pasta” into the search engine and Voila! I found a recipe that looked good and sounded good and I had most of the ingredients on hand for.
I made it and all the kids liked it and even my mother-in-law and sister-in-law who happened to be here (they tried to leave when they heard I was doing the cooking) liked it. At least they ate it without making faces and claimed to like it.
- 1½ lbs sweet potatoes
- 2 tbsp olive oil (I used extra virgin)
- 3 leeks (I used green onions)
- 1 tbsp fresh rosemary (I used dried - ½ to ¾ tbsp)
- 14 oz pasta (using whole wheat really adds to the great fiber content in this dish)
- 2 tbsp butter
- 6 oz feta
- 8 oz baby spinach leaves (I didn't have any spinach)
- cracked black pepper
- grated parmesan
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Peel & dice the sweet potatoes.
- Toss potatoes with 1 tbsp olive oil and salt and pepper.
- Spread potatoes on baking sheet (probably want non-stick spray) and roast for 30 minutes until browned and soft.
- In a skillet on medium heat, place the oil, leeks & rosemary and cook for about 7 minutes until the leeks are soft and golden.
- Cook pasta per package directions and drain.
- Combine pasta, sweet potatoes, oil mixture (with leeks & rosemary), butter & feta.
- Toss until fully combined.
- Serve over spinach leaves and sprinkle with grated parmesan & black pepper.
I didn’t have spinach, and didn’t mention not having it and my mother-in-law said it was good but would be even better with spinach.
original recipe found at: http://www.sidewalkshoes.com/2009/11/pasta-with-roast-sweet-potato-and-pasta.html