This evening, as usual, I had to scramble to find something to make for dinner. I got a late start and wanted something easy since it was just the kids and I. I pulled out some shell shaped pasta and scoured the web for a non-tomato sauce, sauce to go with it.
I stumbled across a recipe on Cooks.com that I modified only slightly and came up with this quick and easy dish that everyone asked for seconds of (well, my son had thirds).
It’s not super low in fat as it does have butter, but I used fat-free cream and reduced fat parmesan cheese to make it a little healthier and really the taste wasn’t sacrificed with those modifications.
I calculated the Weight Watchers PointsPlus values to be 7 pts per 2 oz. serving*.
|Pasta Shells with garlic butter & parmesan cheese sauce|| || |
- 1 box (1 lb) medium pasta shells
- ¼ cup butter
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 cup reduced fat grated parmesan cheese
- ¼ tsp salt
- dash of pepper
- ½ cup fat free dairy creamer
- Cook shells according to package directions.
- Saute garlic in butter.
- Add parmesan, salt & pepper and stir.
- Add cream and continue to stir until smooth.
- Drain shells, return to pot and coat pasta with sauce.
It was quite rich (in a good way), so if you are concerned over the nutrition info, you could probably reduce the butter by half and increase the cream.