I am not a good packer.
When it comes to packing a suitcase I don’t seem to be able to put very much in one, especially not compared to my husband.
I don’t know why but I just can’t seem to maximize the space provided in my suitcase so I end up needing 2, and that’s just for a weekend trip.
But, when faced with a challenge of fitting as much as possible into one carry-on suitcase, well…I was up for the challenge. I figured maybe it would help me become a better packer!
Atlantic Luggage sent me a 21″ Expandable Carry-On Spinner Suiter from their Compass 2 line and challenged me to pack everything I would need for a family vacation into it.
About the Compass 2 line from Atlantic Luggage:
Compass® 2 Collection
The only way to roll.™
The Compass® 2 Collection includes unique 4-wheel Spinners, a Wheeled Tote and a Shoulder Tote at very affordable prices. Easily maneuverable over any terrain, this ultra-lightweight luggage collection includes smart organizing features and extra durable wheel systems to make travel easier. With spacious interiors, satin accents and stylish upgrades, Compass® 2 luggage is the only way to roll.
Before I tell you about how successful I was (or not) with the challenge, let me share some things about this bag that make it great:
- Spinner wheels – wow, 4 wheels are so much easier to deal with than 2. It rolls right along with me and makes turns on a dime.
- Durable construction – everything on this bag seems solid and well-built and able to last a very long time.
- Expandable – this feature was made for me. I fit so much more into the bag because I could unzip part of it and increase the capacity.
- Large front/exterior pockets – the pockets on the front of the suitcase are very large, the top one even goes all the way down to the bottom of the bag unlike most suitcases.
- Garment bag – sometimes I pack an outfit I want to keep as unwrinkled as possible. This suitcase came with a small garment bag!
- Interior mesh pocket – for smaller items that you don’t want to be digging through the entire suitcase for.
Ok, so I like the suitcase.
But can it hold everything I need for a family vacation?
In the past, I needed a full sized checked back and a carry-on bag just for a 3-4 day weekend trip, but I went into this with an open mind ready to give this bag a run for its money.
Here is a list of what I fit into the suitcase:
- Pair of sandals
- 4 pairs of pajamas
- Bag of toiletries
- 7 days worth of socks & undergarments
- 9 shirts
- Pair of sweatpants
- 2 pairs jeans
- 8 pairs shorts
- 3 crossword puzzle books
- Baseball hat
- Pair of sunglasses
- Empty handbag
If I were better at rolling things and packing like my husband, I bet I could have fit more in there too. Although as it was, the zipper took a bit of effort to close and if the wheels were all turned in the same direction it tipped over. So it was pretty full!
I really was quite surprised by how many things fit into this bag, and I was kinda sad to have to unpack it afterwards without having anywhere to go. But Atlantic Luggage isn’t leaving me high and dry! I can enter to win a 2 day vacation for 2 adults and 2 children to Legoland in Florida, and you can too. And if I win, I know I will be able to pack everything we need in my new suitcase!
Enter to win the Atlantic Luggage and Legoland Sweepstakes.
The prize is a 2-day vacation for 2 adults and 2 kids to Legoland in Florida. It includes hotel room for 2 nights, a car voucher, a meet and greet with a Legoland master builder and a free set of Atlantic Luggage.
If you win you can check out the new waterpark that opened in Legoland in May 2012. It has a wave pool, tube slides and body slides. You can also design and build a LEGO vessel that you can then put on the lazy river 1,000 foot long.
It all sounds like so much fun!
Have you ever been to Legoland?