When it comes to eating healthy, it’s hard sometimes to match convenience with nutrition. Whether you are ‘dieting’ or simply trying to eat less processed, more real foods lower in fat and higher in whole grains, protein & fiber, it becomes a challenge at lunchtime to be creative and tasty, yet stick to your nutrition plans.
I happen to love Mexican food and today at lunch I was considering making a bean burrito with refried beans but even the whole wheat tortillas are rather high in Weight Watchers PointsPlus points. Then I remembered I had some Flatout Bread, and I got creative.
I have calculated the recipe to be 6 Weight Watchers PointsPlus values, please verify this with the actual brands/flavors you use.
Below is the recipe that emerged:
|Mexican Pizza for One Recipe: Weight Watchers friendly lunch idea|| |
- 1 Flatout Flatbread (I used Light Italian Herb)
- ½ cup fat-free refried beans (I used Rosarita)
- ⅓ cup 2% milk Mexican style shredded cheese (I used the Weight Watchers brand)
- 1 tsp Hot sauce (or mild, or none - I use Valentina Salsa Picante)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- For a crisper crust, put Flatout bread on a cooking stone or cookie sheet during preheat
- Spread refried beans on Flatout bread
- Spread hot sauce on top of refried beans
- Sprinkle shredded cheese over top
- Bake for 10-12 minutes