My kids are Mario junkies.
Both of them.
If they see anything relating to Mario, their “I want it” radar goes off and they don’t stop begging.
The apple doesn’t fall far from the tree.
When I was much, much younger, we had the classic Mario Bros. game on our Nintendo. I would eat, dream and live Mario. I remember being in class anxious to get home to see if I could get to the next level in the game. My kids are now the same way and it’s fun to get to play with them. I relive my childhood memories and they get to experience the same things I loved as a kid. It’s a great way to connect with them.
Another favorite of my kids is Sonic. I never played Sonic as a kid, but we all do enjoy playing it together now. Although it moves way too fast for my 40-something brain and they always win!
Every once in awhile, Mario and Sonic come together to celebrate the Olympics and now there is a very new Mario & Sonic game for the Wii U™.
Mario & Sonic at the Sochi 2014 Winter Olympic Games
This epic video game brings together 2 of yours kids favorite video game characters to allow you to enjoy the thrill of 24 exciting Winter Olympic events.
- Select from your favorite characters including Mario, Sonic, Luigi, Tails, Princess Peach, Amy, and more! Each character contains unique movements and stats
- Enjoy new events to the series like figure skating pairs and snowboard slopestyle, which will make its Olympic debut in Sochi, Russia
- Unique and intuitive controls bring you closer to the action. In bobsleigh, the captain of this four-player event tilts the Wii U GamePad controller like a steering wheel to guide the bobsleigh down the track while giving orders to teammates using Wii Remote Plus controllers
- Take part in supercharged Dream Events that take place in the worlds of Mario and Sonic and add surprising twists to familiar events
- Compete head-to-head in 4-player action or demonstrate your team spirit in cooperative gameplay
- For the first time, compete in online multiplayer events to help your home country earn the best ranking! Country rankings can be viewed in-game based on high scores, adding a fun element of global competition
- Enjoy depth and replayability through additional modes. In Legends Showdown, contenders from the worlds of Mario and Sonic join forces in a fierce tournament-style competition, while Action & Answer Tour lets you compete with friends in Olympic events with a quiz-style twist
- Returning events take advantage of the Wii Remote Plus controller and Wii U GamePad
- High definition visuals intensify the experience
*Additional accessories required for multiplayer modes; sold separately
** Wireless broadband Internet access required for online play. For more info, go to support.nintendo.com.
I can tell you right now that my son would switch back and forth between Mario & Sonic and my daughter would always play Princess Peach. What a fun way for them to play together! And with the online competition, unique Wii U™ controls and the new events such as figure skating pairs, this new Mario & Sonic is like nothing they have ever played before!
Mario & Sonic at the Sochi 2014 Winter Olympic Games is available at Walmart.