During my 21 day sugar detox, I am looking for ways to satisfy my sweet cravings without something sweet and I have found that sometimes just eating something in the form of a cookie is emotional satisfaction and does the job.
The other day I posted a Sugar Detox Cookie Recipe made with almond butter, today I have one made with one of my most favorite things.
I actually had some “third-party” testing done on these and they said “these aren’t bad” which is a great testimonial regarding a cookie without ANY form of sugar or grains.
- ½ - ¾ cups pumpkin puree
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- 2 eggs
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Grease with butter or line baking sheet with parchment paper
- In a bowl, whisk pumpkin, oil, eggs and vanilla together until blended.
- Add the cinnamon and coconut flour (sifting will provide better results) and stir until fully combined.
- Add in the coconut and mix thoroughly.
- Drop spoonfuls of the mixture onto the baking sheet and flatten slightly. Don't make it took flat, these should be over ¼" thick, closer to ½ inch.
- Bake 15 minutes until browned on the edges.
Next time I am going to add some nutmeg and a pinch of salt to see how it tastes, but overall I really am enjoying these. They are quite moist and tasty.