When it comes to creating a low carb pizza, the crust will make or break your recipe. The most difficult part is achieving a low carb pizza crust that isn’t mushy, and is firm enough to be able to actually be picked up like a slice of pizza. Eating your low carb pizza with a fork will still help satisfy that pizza craving, but finding a low carb pizza crust recipe that actually firms up will take it to the next level.
If don’t right, this recipe will firm up but I have found that it’s a bit fickle, and won’t always do what you need it to do. But it is delicious, and even if you do end up eating it with a fork, you won’t be disappointed.
|Low Carb Pizza Crust|| |
- 1 (8 oz.) package of full fat cream cheese (room temp.)
- 2 eggs
- ½ tbsp Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp Garlic powder
- ½ tbsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning (equal parts rosemary, thyme, oregano, basil, cilantro)
- campaignIcon Coupons
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Butter (or use coconut oil) two 8-9" cast iron skillets (you can do one at a time, you will just have to half the crust mixture) and place in oven while preheating
- Blend cream cheese and eggs and season with pepper, garlic powder onion powder & Italian seasoning
- Add Parmesan cheese and stir until combined
- Carefully pour into cast iron pans
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown
- Let crust cool for 10 minutes before adding toppings
This is a pretty yummy crust but sometimes it does end up a bit soft. The thinner you can make it, the more likely it is to crisp up. Make sure you check out my low carb pizza sauce recipe and learn how to put it all together for a complete low carb pizza.
Pin this for later, trust me, you will want to refer back to it!