Sooooo…after all of my ranting about cheating in online contests, I am a finalist for one.
I am imploring you to vote for me because I have faith in the ladies running this one that they will stand up for the integrity of their contest.
I would LOVE IT if you would click over to that link and vote for Abby’s photo (#7 Kim @ What’s That Smell?).
The rules are wonderful and fair:
Important Information For Our Finalists
- If you are selected as a finalist, CONGRATS! We know you are excited! Please spread the word and feel free to announce it on your blog, facebook, twitter, etc. Get your friends and family to vote for you.
- To make it fair, please do not try to solicit votes by offering a giveaway prize to readers that vote for your photo.
- Please play fair and do not use proxy servers or other black hat methods of increasing your votes.
- If we do discover unfair practices, we will have to disqualify the parties involved.
- Please review our site’s Terms and Conditions of Use
- Remember the spirit of our site and play nice!
Important Information Regarding Voting
- Those photos are great, aren’t they? While you may want to vote for all of them, the Democracy Poll only allows one vote per IP address. This is one vote for the duration of the contest. So, make it a good one!
- If other family members wish to vote, they will have to vote from a different IP address.
- Please keep your comments on this post positive. We will not tolerate hurtful comments.
- This contest is meant to be fun. So please keep it enjoyable for our contestants and all of the visitors to our site.
- To make it fair, please do not try to solicit votes by offering a giveaway prize to your readers who vote for your favorite photo
- Voting will end Thursday, November 5th, 3pm Eastern. We will announce the winners the same day!
The prize is $1,000 to use for your kid’s education! There is a $300 second place prize as well.
If you do vote, let me know in a comment here so I can lavish thank you’s upon you and tell you how amazing you are!