I know what you are thinking.
She said cleanse.
You want to run away.
You envision spending the entire time starving and sitting on the toilet.
A cleanse can do amazing things for your body by essentially flushing out all the toxins you have built up over time from eating not-so-ideal foods. Yes, it helps your colon function better but it also helps your whole body achieve balance.
Normally when approached with a product like this, I read the label and say “thanks, but no thanks” because it turns out to be a science experiment, so when I was offered the opportunity to try Kaeng Raeng, I expected more of the same old chemistry listed on the label.
I was wrong.
Kaeng Raeng is vegan, gluten-free, caffeine-free, non-gmo and there is a soy-free version. It claims to be all-natural and it really is! Kaeng Raeng comes in the form of a freeze dried powder with no artificial ingredients.
Some facts about Kaeng Raeng:
- One serving of Kaeng Raeng makes 24-32 fl oz and contains: (drink 3 per day)
- Only 200 calories!
- 1 oz of raw, freeze-dried fruit powder — that’s the equivalent of 8 oz of fresh fruit per serving! No preservatives, no chemicals, just fruit, straight from the ground, freeze dried for convenience.
- 19 grams of lean non-genetically modified soy protein (or 15g of pea protein for our soy free version)
- Daily vitamins including B-12 and Vitamin C
- 2 billion CFUs of vegan L. Acidophilus probiotics to bolster your immune system and improve digestion
- Full serving of vegetable fiber (safe for daily use)
- No artificial colors, flavors, or sweeteners
- No caffeine, laxatives, or stimulants
- No animal products or peanuts
- No preservatives or fillers – what you see is what you get!
How to cleanse with Kaeng Raeng:
You have 2 options, a 3-day plan or a 6-day plan. You receive enough individual serving packets for 3 servings a day. The packets make a 24-36 ounce drink. You can mix in water, juice or non-dairy milk or even add frozen fruit or ice to make a frozen drink. Each day you drink one pouch at each mealtime and you can have fresh fruits and veggies as well. You can also have a small amount of nuts.
Kaeng Raeng and me:
Ooooh I knew it would be hard to give up my coffee cold turkey. I thought the drinks were really good. Filling but good. I wasn’t hungry overall, at least not until lunch time. By lunch I was very hungry and had a pretty bad headache that I attributed to caffeine withdrawal. I was feeling sluggish and full and looked forward to bedtime. I could barely drink half of my evening drink.
I didn’t eat any other fruits or veggies but I did have a handful of raw mixed nuts.
My drinks were:
- Breakfast: Reunn “Joyful” strawberry, raspberry, pineapple – I added frozen berries, 24 oz of water and 8 oz of crushed ice and it was very much like a frozen drink.
- Lunch: Glai Roong “Daybreak” mango, peach, pineapple – I added a frozen banana, 30 oz of water and a small amount of crushed ice.
- Dinner: Juu Juu “Into the Blue” blueberry banana - I added a frozen banana, 30 oz of water and a small amount of crushed ice.
I stepped on the scale this morning. 2 lbs down. So of course I was re-motivated to continue the cleanse, but I had decided I could not afford another day feeling that bad so I did have my morning coffee. And I felt HIGH afterwards. I felt fantastic. I had my morning shake with orange juice and wow, it tasted amazing.
I felt good enough to get a run in too.
I was able to drink all 3 shakes and again they were so filling I didn’t eat much else except for a small amount of raw mixed nuts. By the end of the day I felt much better than the day before although honestly in the interest of too much information I was a bit clogged up. I used orange juice in the shakes today and honestly they tasted amazing. I could drink them every day they tasted so good.
My drinks were:
- Breakfast: Reunn “Joyful” strawberry, raspberry, pineapple – I added frozen berries, 12 oz of orange juice, 8 oz water and 4 oz of crushed ice.
- Lunch: Glai Roong “Daybreak” mango, peach, pineapple – I added a frozen banana, 16 oz of orange juice and 8 oz of crushed ice.
- Dinner: Juu Juu “Into the Blue” blueberry banana - I added a frozen banana, 12 oz of water and 12 oz of crushed ice.
No weight loss this morning but I feel great! Again with too much information, but everything is working just fine now, no more clogs in the plumbing. I think maybe the sugar in the orange juice was overkill so I cute way back on the orange juice in my drinks today to see if there is any additional weight loss today. I’m not doing it for the weight loss necessarily, but it certainly is a nice bonus.
My drinks were:
- Breakfast: Reunn “Joyful” strawberry, raspberry, pineapple – I added frozen berries, 12 oz of water, 1/2 cup frozen berries and 12 oz of crushed ice.
- Dinner: Glai Roong “Daybreak” mango, peach, pineapple – I added a frozen banana, 8 oz of orange juice, 12 oz of water and 8 oz of crushed ice.
I was out all day shopping so lunch ended up being a date bar made only with dates, coconut and vanilla so it wasn’t a huge deviation from the program but I did skip a shake. I drank it for breakfast the next morning, cause they are that good, especially with some orange juice.
I’m not one for fad diets and get-slim quick schemes. I don’t believe in starving yourself or replacing whole, healthy foods with artificial ingredients. I don’t like to game the system. So I was very wary initially about participating in a cleanse.
Kaeng Raeng is a cleanse designed to help you rid your body of toxic build-up. It is a short term thing designed to ensure your body gets enough nutrients and that you don’t go hungry, with the goal of helping you kick start a healthy lifestyle, or give your already healthy lifestyle a little boost.
I lost 2.2 lbs in the 3 days, most of it the first day.
I would do it again.
Next time I would love to try the 6-day cleanse. I really enjoyed the flavors of the drinks, I felt fantastic the second day and overall today, back on my normal diet, I felt like I had fewer cravings and more energy.
For more information on which Kaeng Raeng products are right for you, take the Kaeng Raeng detox quiz. You can purchase Kaeng Raeng on Amazon, select Whole Foods Markets or use code KRCleanseMT10 for 10% off your order at kaengraeng.com (expires 4/25/14). Also if you leave a review of your experience with Kaeng Raeng on Amazon.com you can receive a coupon good for 15% your order at kaengraeng.com.
Enter to win!
One winner will win a Kaeng Raeng Swag Bag containing a reusable water bottle and bag.
To enter simply leave a comment answering the following:
Why do YOU want to try a Vegan cleanse?
For an extra entry: Kaeng Raeng on Facebook
Leave a separate comment for each entry for a total possible w comments/entries.
Giveaway is open to the 48 U.S. contiguous states and ends on April 14, 2014 at 12:00 am CST. Winner will be selected at random from all eligible entries and will be contacted by email. Winner will have 48 hrs to respond. Please add email@example.com to your trusted email filter. If original winner does not claim their prize within 48 hrs, it is forfeit and a new winner will be selected promptly.