|This post is a part of our Merry Christmas Gift Guide. For more gift ideas, visit the main gift guide page: Merry Christmas Gift Guide.|
Families have embraced the Nintendo Wii for numerous reasons, but one of the big reasons is the availability of fitness games. D3Publisher has teamed up with Jillian Michaels to add a new “game” to the Wii fitness lineup.
Jillian Michaels: Fitness Ultimatum 2011 is designed for all fitness levels and was designed and endorsed by Jillian herself.
Jillian Michaels: Fitness Ultimatum 2011 takes personal wellness to new levels of immersion. The only official video game series created by Jillian Michaels, it lets players receive personal fitness guidance from America’s premier wellness coach. For the first time, Fitness Ultimatum 2011 integrates a story-based Mission mode where Jillian and the player use their fitness skills in a series of missions to shut down Cureall, an evil food and drug corporation. Featuring a large selection of exercises that include use of the optional Wii Balance Board™ and Wii MotionPlus™, Jillian Michaels: Fitness Ultimatum 2011 allows players to monitor their fitness goals with a resolution-based tracking system. Plus a brand new High Intensity workout mode offers the most challenging workouts in the series. Inspired by Jillian. Empowered by You.
I am a big fan of Jillian. She seems to have a genuine compassion for people and their efforts to improve their health and their lives. She may be tough but she also seems to be very understanding and believes in changing the whole person, inside and out. This game features Jillian’s likeness and voice, and I personally can’t think of a better way to get motivated and inspired aside from having Jillian standing in my living room with me.
To go along with the game, Jillian has 10 fitness tips to share to help you get in shape:
- Exercise does more than just tone your body, it boosts self esteem, improves mood and revs up metabolism. So suck it up and get moving!
- If you are looking to shed those last stubborn pounds, you need to increase the intensity of your workouts. Try working at 85% of your Maximum Heart Rate for optimal results.
- Getting bored with that same old exercise routine? Chances are you body is too. It’s probably time to switch things up if you want to continue seeing results.
- Using proper form when working out is the key to getting the results you want and preventing injuries. Think quality over quantity. Take the time to perfect your form in order to get the results you want and keep your body healthy and strong.
- Do not exercise on an empty stomach. This way you’ll have energy during your workouts and you will burn fat instead of muscle.
- Don’t over do it. When starting out consult your physician. Work to beginner / intermediate levels. Stay at around 70% of your MHR. IN a couple of weeks or so as you become stronger and more fit begin to up your intensity for best results.
- For results fast try circuit training. This is an exercise technique that utilizes a series of moves in swift succession with no rest in between. For example: Push ups into squats followed by jumping jacks. This method allows your workouts to strengthen while burning fat at the same time.
- To ramp up your fitness regimen try incorporating a technique called HIIT or High Intensity Interval Training. This simply means working short bouts (30 seconds, 60 seconds, 90 seconds, 2 minutes) of cardio into your strength training routine.
- Six pack abs are not about crunches. You simply CAN NOT spot reduce fat. The best way to get the washboard tummy is by burning the fat off on top of the muscle with a combination of diet, cardio, and over all resistance training.
- When you are on the treadmill don’t hold on. If you hold on while walking or jogging it decreases the intensity thus decreasing your calorie burn by up to 24%
Jillian Michaels: Fitness Ultimatum 2011 will be released on November 16, 2010 and is available among other places at Amazon.com (you can pre-order now with Amazon’s price guarantee).