Fitness, I Said So

INSANITY day 56 (end of week 8)

05/09/2011 - 15 comments

Today is the start of my 9th and final week doing the INSANITY workout program.

I can’t believe I’m almost done!

I have to be honest as much as I enjoy doing it and feeling great, I am going to be glad for the break.  It really is an intense workout that challenges you physically AND mentally.

I won’t stop working out, in fact I have a couple of things on the horizon.  I really like the idea of a strict schedule with a deadline and a goal followed by a break, then changing it up and doing the same thing with a different workout regime.

Before I started Insanity, I said “if this doesn’t work, nothing will” and because I have seen success with it, I have realized that I can achieve my goals.

Below is my week 8 Insanity results progress photo.  Like the last few weeks, there isn’t a glaring change.  It’s minor but I know that since I am working so hard that the changes inside just aren’t showing fully on the outside yet.  I don’t have tons of weight to lose, I have toning and a little bit of weight to lose and so I realize that it’s going to be harder for me to see results with anything I do than someone who has a lot of weight to lose.

To see all of my weekly progress photos, check out my INSANITY RESULTS page.

I have to do my measurements tomorrow.  I forgot and I always do them first thing after I get up.

Note: I was sent the INSANITY workout program to try and share my feedback on my blog.  The sweat, and opinions produced during my use of the program are my own.

15 Comments

• Reply Online Gym 11/29/2012 at 6:54 am

I should have taken pictures of my transformation.I just went back to day one’s post and you have come a long way. I’m proud of you great job!

• Reply Lorie Shewbridge 05/16/2011 at 6:15 pm

You look fantabulistic!
    I am so proud of all that you have accomplished.
    You are an inspiration to anyone who wants to lose wait and tone up.

• Reply Tiff 05/10/2011 at 3:00 pm

I see a HUUUUGE difference from where you started. You totally rocked this insanity challenge!

• Reply Teresha@ Marlie and Me 05/10/2011 at 10:05 am

You look amazing Kim! I can’t wait to see how you take it to the next level.
    p.s. where do I send your t-shirt?

• Reply Kim 05/10/2011 at 6:56 pm

Ooooh I forgot all about that! Remind me what we talked about. I’m old. And blonde. Combined that with mommy brain and I’m pretty much drooling most of the time.

• Reply Teresha@ Marlie and Me 05/11/2011 at 1:57 pm

LOL. no need to explain. I just remembered myself. We sending each other funny t-shirts for surviving Insanity

• Reply Laura @ GotChocolate 05/09/2011 at 10:34 pm

Wow Kim! You look awesome! While the changes may look small form week-to-week, comparing week 1 to this one, there’s quite a big difference!!! You should the first and last photos in your measurements post!

For myself, I’m reduced to exercising in the late afternoons and evenings. So I’m breaking up the workout into 3 small workouts – 15 to 20 minute walk, 5 to 8 minute of arm exercises and 15 minutes of beginner Pilates. I just started this today. Day 1 done and I like doing it this way, so far!

Good luck at whatever your next step is. :)

• Reply Laura @ GotChocolate 05/09/2011 at 10:35 pm

Oh, and I’m glad I’m not the only one who gets farmer’s tans! Muhahahahaha! :P Lookin’ good Kim! I’m teasing you!

• Reply Kim 05/10/2011 at 7:03 am

That tan is left over from last year! I have perpetual farmer tan!

• Reply Laura @ GotChocolate 05/10/2011 at 11:03 pm

ME TOO!!! That’s why I pointed it out! I totally recognized it! The only reason I don’t have one right now is because last summer sucked and I sit in a freakin’ office all week! HAHAHA!!!

We should be proud of our Farmer Tans! Rock them lines! HAHAHAHA!!!

• Reply Kim 05/10/2011 at 7:23 am

Thanks Laura! I’m looking forward to taking a break from the intensity of this, I think so long as you are doing SOMETHING to keep active it’s a great thing!

• Reply Kim 05/10/2011 at 7:25 am

Oh and next week after I’m done I am going to put my before and after pictures next to each other for comparison. I thought it would be more dramatic to wait til the end!

• Reply Jennifer 05/09/2011 at 1:39 pm

How awesome for you, and just in time for our first 80 degree day :-). Enjoy the new body and extra energy!

• Reply Kim 05/10/2011 at 7:25 am