I love, love, love McDonald’s Mocha Frappe drinks.
But, they have HUGE calories in them and I’m cheap.
Today I had a craving for one but didn’t want the calories nor did I feel like dragging 2 kids out to go get one because then one $3 frappe turns into a $15 lunch.
So I happened to notice a little recipe booklet that Truvia had sent me in the mail and I spotted a recipe for iced coffee. Hmmm. Maybe I can make my own frappe. I had some leftover coffee from breakfast so I decided to give it a shot.
It turned out really good. Certainly not McDonald’s good, but definitely a worthy substitute and at like 1/5 of the calories or even less.
This recipe based upon my calculations is 2 Weight Watchers PointsPlus values FOR THE WHOLE THING!
|Homemade mocha frappe recipe (Weight Watchers friendly)|| || |
- 8 oz. cold brewed coffee
- ½ cup skim, or light soymilk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-2 tbsp Truvia natural sweetener
- 2 cups ice
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder (natural unsweetened)
- Add all ingredients to blender.
- Pulse or use ice crushing setting to pulverize ice until all the ice is crushed.
- Mix on high speed for 15-30 seconds
It was so easy to make and YUM-MO. I might even make another, I have some more coffee left over.