These delicious cookies are no bake and are sweetened with dates. There is no sugar added to these yet they taste sweet! They can be gluten-free very easily, and even nut-free with a bit of creativity using granola or seeds. You can use whatever ingredients you want to create a variety of different flavors. We chose chocolate peanut butter because who doesn’t love that combo and my kids thought Santa would love them. I tend to agree, “he” is going to really enjoy these with his milk on Christmas Eve.
You can also sprinkle them with powdered sugar.
Santa and little boys like them that way.
|Chocolate Peanut Butter No Bake Christmas Cookies|| || |
- 1-1/3 cup pitted Medjool dates
- 1 cup natural peanut butter (creamy or crunchy)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- ⅛ tsp salt (optional)
- 1 tbsp water (as needed)
- 2 tbsp powdered sugar (optional)
- Combine dates, peanut butter, vanilla, cocoa powder and salt in a food processor and puree until combined and sticking together.
- If the mixture seems a bit too dry, add water and continue to puree. You probably won't need it.
- Remove mixture from bowl and for bar shaped pieces, press it down onto a cutting board and form into a square or rectangle. Cut into 10-12 square or bar shaped pieces.
- For balls, take small pieces of the mixture and roll into small balls. Makes approx. 18 balls.
- Dust with powdered sugar if desired.
- Chill until eaten.
None of us can stop eating these.