Eggs are a staple in this house. We easily go through a dozen within a few days, and sometimes, depending upon the menus we have planned for the week, we go through a dozen PER DAY.
February is the month of love with Valentine’s Day falling right in the middle of it, but it is also American Heart Month and eggs are a great part of a heart healthy diet. Eggs are a low-calorie source of protein and if the eggs you choose are Eggland’s Best, they also contain additional benefits that ordinary eggs don’t have.
Compared to ordinary eggs, Eggland’s Best eggs contain:
- 10 times more Vitamin E
- 4 times more Vitamin D
- More than double the Omega-3
- 25% less saturated fat
- 3 times more Vitamin B12
- 38% more lutein
We are big fans of Eggland’s Best Organic, Cage-Free eggs. They are one of our go-to brands that we trust when it comes to feeding our family, and we love the added benefits that only Eggland’s Best provides, especially the extra Vitamin D which is very much needed in the winter months around here. Especially this year with the extreme weather we have had in Indiana. It’s just too cold to get outside to get some sun!
The EB Stamp on every egg assures you that you are getting the quality you expect from Eggland’s Best.
As I mentioned, eggs are a staple around here whether we are eating them poached or scrambled or fried, or adding them to any number of different things we make throughout the course of the week. Eggs aren’t just for breakfast, but breakfast is one of our most favorite meals and even breakfast isn’t just for breakfast! We eat breakfast food any time of day!
Eggland’s Best recently sent us some goodies and challenged me to create an original recipe using their eggs. The result was nothing short of amazing!
I call it:
Grain-Free “French Toast” Breakfast Chalupa
My recipe has 2 parts that make up the finished product, each of which can be made separately and reheated or made all at once.
Step 1 is to make the pancake part of the chalupa. I used my Grain-Free Maple Cinnamon Pancake recipe – which also contains 2 eggs in the mixture.
Step 2 is to scramble 8 eggs in a skillet with your favorite meats or veggies. We love bacon around here so I did a bacon & egg scramble with 12 slices of nitrate-free bacon.
Step 3 is where you put them both together. If you are talented and can be scrambling the eggs while you cook the pancakes, then everything will be nice and warm for you to serve immediately. If not, you can make one at a time and simply keep the other part warm in the oven until everything is ready to be assembled.
Hold the pancake like a taco and spoon your scramble mixture into it until it is almost full. Set sideways on the plate and serve with butter, cinnamon and maple syrup. It really did taste like french toast!
|Grain-Free "French Toast" Breakfast Chalupa - "Recipes From Your Heart" with Eggland's Best Eggs|| || |
- 8 eggs
- 12 slices nitrate-free bacon
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper (or to taste)
- 8-10 Grain-Free Maple Cinnamon Pancakes
- 1½ tbsp coconut oil or butter
- Prepare pancakes and keep warm in the oven on low heat or warm setting.
- Cut bacon with kitchen scissors and place in a bowl.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat and add ½ tbsp coconut oil to grease the pan.
- Add the bacon and stir frequently until cooked through. Drain grease and set aside.
- In a large bowl, add eggs, salt & pepper and whisk until smooth & fluffy.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat and add 1 tbsp coconut oil to grease the pan.
- Add the egg mixture and stir as necessary to scramble the eggs.
- When the eggs are about halfway firm, add the cooked bacon and continue to scramble until the eggs are firm.
- Remove pancakes from warming and hold each one like a taco as you spoon the egg mixture into it dividing it evenly into each pancake.
- Set 2 chalupas on each plate to serve.
- Top with butter and maple syrup.
You can also serve it open face as well.
My kids said this was delicious and ate more in one sitting than I have ever seen them eat. My husband and I really enjoyed it too – it has made our list of favorites.
What is your favorite egg dish?
For more information about Eggland’s Best:
- Eggland’s Best Website
- Eggland’s Best Facebook page
- Eggland’s Best Twitter page
- Eggland’s Best Pinterest page
Enter to win an Eggland’s Best Prize Pack
Prize pack will include:
- 2 free dozen EB coupons
- $25 visa gift card
- 1 EB plush egg