This giveaway has ended. The winner is #146 Helen
I don’t really struggle a whole lot with getting my kids to eat fruit. My biggest problem is having it in a form that it doesn’t get rotten too fast and is easy to deal with as snacks. I don’t want to sacrifice on the benefits that fruit has, but I also want to give them snacks that have the crunchy texture they seem to like that chips and crackers have.
With Funky Monkey Snacks, I can have the best of both worlds!
Funky Monkey Snacks are freeze-dried 100% fruit without any added sugars that contain almost all of the nutrients found in fresh fruit!
Funky Monkey Snacks come in 7 different flavors:
- Applemon – freeze-dried apple & organic cinnamon
- Bananamon – freeze-dried organic banana & organic cinnamon (100% organic)
- Carnaval Mix – freeze-dried organic banana, organic pineapple, apple & papaya (70% organic)
- JiveALime – freeze-dried organic pineapple & lime juice (100% organic)
- MangOJ – freeze-dried mango & orange juice
- Pink Pineapple – freeze-dried organic pineapple & guava (95% organic)
- Purple Funk – freeze-dried organic banana & organic acai (100% organic)
I was sent one of each flavor to try!
Personally I liked the pineapple and banana flavors the best (I’m not a fan of guava in any form so I stayed away from that flavor), and my daughter seemed to pull the apples out and eat everything else, but my son loves all the flavors. The pieces are bigger than I expected, which is great for kids and adults, just not little kids who may need smaller, softer pieces. The texture was great, it really was crisp and the flavor was sweeter than I expected. I really didn’t think it would be, but I was pleasantly surprised.
I really love a snack like this that my kids think is candy or “dessert” but is really actually very good for them. The 1 oz. packages of Funky Monkey contain 3 servings of fruit, the .42 oz. packages contain 1 serving of fruit.
As far as improvements go, I think the products they have are great, but I would love to see them add a line for toddlers with smaller pieces that melt in their mouths, but with a lot of the same flavors. I’d also love to see strawberries added to some of the mixes, especially with the bananas.
WIN SOME FUNKY MONKEY SNACKS
One winner will receive a one of each flavor (7 in total) of Funky Monkey Snacks plus a Funky Monkey t-shirt.
HOW TO ENTER:
Leave a comment telling me which Funky Monkey flavor you are most interested in trying.
EARN EXTRA ENTRIES:
- You can earn FIVE extra entries if you subscribe to What’s That Smell? by EMAIL. We do not sell, share or distribute email addresses. You are free to unsubscribe at any time (in order for extra entries to count, you must confirm your subscription and be actively subscribed at the time the winner is pulled).
- You can earn ONE extra entry (one single extra entry, NOT daily) by hitting the greenish retweet button at the top of the post to share this post on Twitter. Please leave the link to your Tweet (click on the date/time of your Tweet to get its link).
Please leave a separate comment for EACH extra entry. Giveaway is open to the USA and ends on Monday, May 31, 2010 at noon CST. Winner will be selected at random from all eligible entries using random.org and will be contacted by email. Winner will have 48hrs to respond.