I used to think a printer was just a printer. If it did what I needed to do – print, scan and not cost too much to replace the ink, I was happy. I print mostly documents, a few photos, and do a lot of scanning. So long as it worked, I really didn’t have any complaints. Once I discovered wireless printing over mobile devices, that feature because one of my “must-haves” but otherwise, my list of needs is fairly small when it comes to a printer. I obviously never had the bar set very far for my printers and yet Epson always seems to manage to raise it, and they did it yet again with their EPSON Expression Premium XP-800 Small-in-One Printer.
About the Epson XP-800
Brilliant photos, sharp text, 2-sided printing, copying, scanning and more — you get it all with the full-featured, space-saving Expression Premium XP-800 Small-in-One printer. Use the intuitive 3.5″ touchscreen with gesture navigation for easy setup and operation. Always ready to print, the XP-800 features a dedicated photo tray, as well as an auto-extend output tray. And, with the 30-page Automatic Document Feeder, the XP-800 can copy, scan or fax stacks of originals while you take care of other business. It makes it easy to take on any creative project with direct CD/DVD printing, plus a rear paper feed for card stock, envelopes and more1. Featuring convenient wireless1 and Ethernet networking, the XP-800 can be shared with everyone in the family. Print from any room in the house. You can even print from your iPad®, iPhone, tablet or smartphone with EPSON Connect™1. And, the XP-800 includes Apple® AirPrint™ and Google Cloud Print™ support. It’s all at your fingertips with the ultra-versatile Expression Premium XP-800.
- Superior image quality — brilliant photos and sharp text, all with one Small-in-One printer
- Save paper — automatic 2-sided printing, copying and scanning
- Intuitive navigation — 3.5″ touchscreen with gesture navigation
- Do more — 30-page Auto Document Feeder included to quickly copy / scan / fax stacks of 2-sided originals
- Superior performance, Small-in-One design — get all the tools you need for photos, documents and more, while saving valuable space on your desk
- EPSON Connect™ — print and share from anywhere; convenient mobile printing from smartphones, tablets and more; also supports Apple® AirPrint™ and Google Cloud Print™1
- One-of-a-kind creative projects — rear paper feed accommodates specialty paper1, print directly onto inkjet printable CDs / DVDs
- Always ready to print — auto-extend output tray and dedicated photo tray
- PC-free printing of brilliant borderless photos — built-in card slots1 3.5″ touchscreen with gesture navigation
- Smudge, scratch and water resistant prints — worry-free handling; share photos or archive important documents right after printing1
- Brilliant results, smart value — individual ink cartridges; replace only the color you need
- Product protection you can count on — one-year limited warranty and quick product exchange
I have never been as pleasantly surprised by a printer as I have with the Epson XP-800. I have spent only a day using it and I am totally impressed with what it can do, in fact, I’m not sure I can list anything I don’t like about it.
My favorite things about the Epson XP-800
- It’s small. It fits on the shelf of my very small desk next to my CPU. The footprint of the unit is 15.4″ by 13.3″ and it is 7.5″ high including the multi-page document feeder.
- It has a multi-page document feeder. I currently have been using 2 printers. An older small-in-one that fit in my desk and a much larger Epson that had a document feeder. I would unplug one and plug in the one I needed at any given time. The big one sat on a box behind my desk. I use the document feeder almost daily.
- It scans. Gotta have that.
- The paper feeds from in front of the unit on a tray. I don’t like printers that feed the paper in the back sticking out of the unit.
- There are 2 document tray, one that holds multiple paper sizes and another that holds photo paper sized so you don’t have to constantly switch out your paper if you print different sizes frequently.
- The print quality is incredible. I have never seen such lifelike photos come out of a home printer.
- It prints on laser-ready CDs and it does it fantastic. I was in awe of the CD printing and will definitely be using it a lot to make covers for my CDs that I burn with the MP3s I download.
- It prints fast!
- The touchscreen is a true touchscreen to make using it so much easier.
- There is a separate black ink cartridge for color printing and the b&w ink cartridge is double capacity compared to the others.
- You can print directly from a memory card if you need a print fast!
I said it earlier, I meant it…I have nothing bad to say about this printer. It will be the printer by which all other printers are judged, and I can’t imagine anything better. It suits my needs perfectly, provides great quality prints and has all the features that I need, including some that I don’t, but might one day need (such as the fax).
For more information about the Epson XP-800, price and where-to-buy, visit the Epson website: Epson XP-800.Note: I receive the product shown to facilitate my review. Opinions expressed are my own.