I’m one of those lucky ladies who has never dreaded a visit to the dentist. In fact, for the most part I actually look forward to my visits! Crazy no?
You see I happen to have the most amazing dentist in the world! I was referred to him by my first (and only) boss when I was in my early 20’s and had chipped a tooth. Twenty five years later he cares for my entire family and a few of our friends. He’s one of those rare pearls that feels like a member of the family he is so invested in our health and I feel truly blessed to have benefited from his care for so many years.
l also didn’t get my first cavity until I was 43 so most of my visits have consisted of nothing more than preventative care, or my bi-annual cleaning.
I love that super clean feeling I get after my cleaning! I find myself gliding my tongue along my teeth over and over again when I leave my dentist’s office, to enjoy that wonderful polish you can only get from the dentist.
I’ve often wished I could get that same feeling every day.
So imagine my delight when I discovered the new Colgate® Enamel Health™ Multi-Protection Toothpaste. The Colgate® Enamel Health™ Multi-Protection Toothpaste is the newest variant in the Colgate family of oral care products and was sent to me by Colgate-Palmolive for review.
When used twice daily on a regular basis, this toothpaste will:
- Replenish natural calcium for stronger, healthy enamel
- Provide protection against enamel erosion
- Help relieve tooth sensitivity while fighting cavities, freshening breath, whitening and protecting against enamel erosion.
In all honesty I wasn’t really expecting much more than the regular clean feeling I enjoy after brushing my teeth with this particular toothpaste, but I was pleasantly surprised!
The Colgate® Enamel Health™ Multi-Protection Toothpaste absolutely delivers on it’s promise! My teeth feel super clean and silky smooth after every use and I find myself smiling as I glide my tongue along my teeth enjoying that nice polished finish.
Along with the toothpaste I received the Colgate® Sensitivity Toothbrush + Built-In Sensitivity Relief Pen. My daughters were immediately intrigued by this neat looking toothbrush and were all begging me to let them use it.
Sorry, this time mommy was selfish.
Remember how I started by saying that I actually look forward to my visits to the dentist for the most part?
Well for the past couple of years I’ve had this annoying pain in my gum, right at the base of my lower back molar. I mostly notice it at the dentist or when I brush my teeth. If I hit it with my toothbrush I get this sharp, electric shock like pain in my gum. Not exactly pleasant. X-rays show no cavity or bone damage and my dentists has warned me that I may be experiencing some early gingivitis.
The Colgate® Sensitivity Toothbrush + Built-In Sensitivity Relief Pen seemed to offer an interesting solution to this problem.
What is the Colgate® Sensitivity Toothbrush + Built-In Sensitivity Relief Pen?
- A new toothbrush system designed to provide rapid (within 1 week of regular continued use) and long-lasting sensitivity relief 24/7 right to the source of pain. It’s as easy as… BRUSH.APPLY.GO.™
- BRUSH. Brush with your regular toothpaste. The Colgate® Sensitive Toothbrush + Built-In Sensitivity Relief Pen is specially designed with extra soft bristles for sensitive teeth and gums.
- APPLY. Twist knob at bottom of the sensitivity relief pen in the direction of the arrows, until gel appears on tip. Apply gel directly at the source of pain and gently massage for 1 minute. No rinsing!
- GO.™ Simply store pen inside brush and repeat steps during your next use.
- Clinically proven to relieve sensitivity directly at the source of pain with continued use
- Specially designed with extra soft bristles for sensitive teeth and gums. Colgate’s unique Pro-Argin™ Technology, used by dental professionals, is now available to you, helping to shield exposed nerves and create a seal against sensitivity pain.
The toothbrush was a joy to use, Because of my sensitive gums I always use a toothbrush with soft bristles but I often feel the bristles don’t really do much. The Colgate toothbrush is soft yet firm enough that I feel like I am actually cleaning my teeth. It fits nicely in my hand and the pad at the thumb ensures a comfortable grip. What makes this system unique is the little pen stored in the body of the toothbrush.
After brushing, pull out the Sensitivity Relief Pen, twist the knob to obtain a small pea sized amount of pain relief and apply it directly to the gum where it hurts.
That annoying pain goes away fairly quickly. After use, rinse off the pen and store back in the toothbrush until the next brushing.
Overall I find the Colgate® Sensitivity Toothbrush + Built-In Sensitivity Relief Pen offers a wonderful solution for people whom, like me, suffer from gum pain. And if you also enjoy that lovely polished feel after a deep cleaning at the dentist, then you’re going to love Colgate® Enamel Health™.
Just be warned, someone just might catch you gliding your tongue along our teeth with a silly smile on your face….