Recently I received an email thanks to a recommendation from Karen @ 3 Garnets & 2 Sapphires to be a Chuggington Conductor.
What’s A Chuggington Conductor? (yeah I read your mind)
First, in case you are not familiar with Chuggington, it is a CGI show for kids that airs on Disney Junior every day. The show is centered around trains and is for preschool age kids. It follows the adventures of 3 main trains, Koko, Wilson & Brewster who are “trainees” learning the ropes and riding the rails in the hopes of one day becoming full-fledged “chuggers.” What’s really cool about Chuggington is one of the main characters, Koko is actually a female, making the show appealing to both boys and girls.
The Chuggington Conductor program is an ambassador program where through my blog I share product releases, review products, share news about the series, and even sometimes give you all a chance to win some fun Chuggington merchandise.
I didn’t come upon this decision lightly. I did some research. We watched Chuggington a few times. I learned more about the show. And I liked what I saw. So I agreed.
Note: Chuggington airs on Disney Junior weekdays at 6 am & 10:30 am ET/CT and weekends at 5:30 am ET/CT.
And then I got a big box delivery full of fun Chuggington merchandise:
Below is a list of what was in the box:
- “Let’s Ride the Rails” Chuggington DVD from Anchor Bay
- Learning Curve’s Wooden Railway Chuggington Collection (Double Decker Roundhouse, Over & Under Starter Set, Track Pack, and Elevated Track Pack)
- Learning Curve’s Die-Cast Chuggington Collection (Launch & Go Roundhouse, Straight & Curved Track Pack, Wilson Die-Cast and Brewster Die-Cast)
- Chuggington Matching Game
- Chuggington Scholastic Books (The Chugger Championship, All Around Chuggington, Welcome to Chuggington, Let’s Ride the Rails & Wilson and the Ice Cream Fair)
My kids flipped.
It was like Christmas.
So far they have watched the Chuggington DVD about eleventy-billion times, read all the books over and over, have played the matching game and have really been enjoying the Die-Cast Launch & Go Roundhouse. We haven’t even had a chance to open up the wooden train stuff yet!
I’m still trying to learn more about the show and the characters. My daughter’s favorite character is Vee, the announcer who takes on the form of speakers throughout Chuggington. I really like how bright and vibrant the show and the characters are, and I like the analogy between the ‘Trainees’ and the ‘Chuggers’ and who they really seem to represent the relationship between adults and kids. The ‘Trainees’ are eager to help, sometimes mess up, and have chores and tasks to complete.
In order to help celebrate my new role as a Chuggington Conductor, we have PRIZES!
ENTER TO WIN A CHUGGINGTON PRIZE PACK
One winner will receive a prize pack valued over $150 ARV that includes:
- Chuggington DVD
- Wooden Railway Chuggington Starter Set
- Die-Cast Chuggington Collection (Launch & Go Roundhouse, Straight & Curved Track Pack, Wilson Die-Cast and Brewster Die-Cast)
- Chuggington Matching Game
- 5 Chuggington Scholastic Books
HOW TO ENTER (mandatory):
To enter, leave a comment and tell me who in your life is a fan of Chuggington (or who will be after seeing all this).
EARN EXTRA ENTRIES (optional):
Must complete required entry in order to qualify for extra entries.
- Follow me on Twitter – 1 EXTRA
- Tweet the following or something similar (leave the link to each new Tweet each day) – 1 EXTRA PER DAY
Be Traintastic and enter to win a $150 Chuggington Prize Pack from @whatsthatsmell http://bit.ly/gPh2sT
- Like my page on Facebook – 1 EXTRA
- Follow me on Google Friend Connect (on the right sidebar of my site) – 1 EXTRA
- Share this giveaway on your Facebook wall – 1 EXTRA PER DAY
Please leave a separate comment for EACH extra entry. Provide links to Tweets, Facebook wall, blog posts, etc. as required for the entry.
Giveaway is open to the USA and ends on May 13, 2011 at noon CST. Winner will be selected at random from all eligible entries and will be contacted by email. Winner will have 48 hrs to respond. Please add firstname.lastname@example.org to your trusted email filter. If original winner does not claim their prize within 48 hrs, it is forfeit and a new winner will be selected promptly.
Note: I received the products indicated as part of my participation as a Chuggington Conductor.