Music is something that gets kids moving. It expands their imaginations and can change their moods in an instant. It is a universal language that can soothe the savage, screaming, unruly baby or get a brother and a sister to forget their fighting and dance around the living room together.
If you’ve never seen or heard Dan Zanes, he is not your “typical” children’s musician. I mean, you wouldn’t look at him and ever think he played music for kids for a living. But he does, and in a unique and fun way.
And he will never cease to surprise me with what he wears.
My favorite Dan Zanes song so far is Smile, you can watch the video below:
Dan’s newest project is called 76 Trombones and the great thing about this new album is that is full of American Broadway classics, and together with some famous friends such as Carol Channing and Matthew Broderick, it introduces kids to the Broadway songs that everyone loves.
Check out the track list:
1. 76 trombones
2. i can do that with Derick K. Grant
3. hello dolly with Carol Channing
4. i won t grow up
5. i like everybody with Brian Stokes Mitchell
6. thumbelina with Father Goose aka Rankin Don
7. mañana, tomorrow
8. i m flying
9. i don t need anything but you with de Adre Aziza
10. gary indiana/wells fargo wagon
12. before the parade passes by with Matthew Broderick
13. you re never fully dressed without a smile
14. goodnight my someone
15. i am what i am
Kids of all ages will enjoy Dan Zanes music, and with this new CD, the parents will love it to. This CD would make a great stocking stuffer for any young child.