Saturday May 7th is National Train Day!
National Train Day is a day for train lovers to celebrate their love of trains. It is hosted by Amtrak and in addition to organized events across the country, there are ways you can get involved too.
You can host your own event or attend an organized event and even reserve a time to tour Amtrak trains and equipment. What kid wouldn’t love that? Heck, I’m a grown-up and I’d love that.
I have always been fascinated with trains. I once took a trip to New York with my friend when I was in college and we “flew Amtrak.” That trip forever remains etched in my memory and the train trip was a big part of the fun and adventure.
As a Chuggington Conductor, National Train Day is the perfect time to throw a party!!!
In order to celebrate National Train Day, we will actually be hosting a play date this week and I wanted to make sure to tell you all about the fun we are going to have and give you some ideas to help you host your own National Train Day play date or party.
Check out the great Chuggington products we have in order to celebrate National Train Day with my kids favorite trainees, Koko, Brewster and Wilson (and we can’t forget Vee, Abby’s favorite):
Anchor Bay’s new Chuggington DVD “Chuggers to the Rescue“
Chuggington Color Wonder sets from Crayola
Chuggington Traintastic Cargo game from I Can Do That! Games
And some National Train Day Party Activity ideas:
- Form a Chuggington Train “Chugga” line – like forming a ‘Conga’ line but forming a ‘Chugga’ line.
- Start Chuggington musical chairs – using the Chuggington theme song, encourage kids to play musical chairs. Winner gets bragging rights at Chuggington Station!
- ‘Conductor Says’ – create your own Chuggington version of Simon Says. Conductor says “honk your horns!”
- ‘Red Wilson’ – create your own Chuggington version of Red Rover. ‘Red Wilson, Red Wilson…’
- “Chugga, Chugga, Choo Choo!” – instead of ‘duck…duck…duck…GOOSE!’ have kids play ‘chugga…chugga…chugga…CHOO CHOO!’
- Make train cookies – use a train cookie cutter to make train shaped cookies. With adult supervision, decorate the cookies to look like Chuggington Trainees.
For more information about Chuggington and National Train Day, below are some links to help you learn more:
Tomorrow, Tuesday May 3rd at 1pm EST you can join in on Twitter for a National Train Day Twitter party hosted by Chuggington, get tips and advice for hosting your own National Train Day party or playdate, and enter to win some traintastic prizes!
And if you do host a party or playdate, we encourage you to post your stories and pictures on the Chuggington Facebook Page.
Note: I received the products indicated as part of my participation as a Chuggington Conductor.