When it comes a healthy breakfast, or any meal for that matter, I always try to maximize the nutritional value in what we eat. Sure, we like a treat now and again, but but when it comes to the things we already eat and drink, I love it when there is the opportunity to have some added benefits.
I don’t drink cows milk because of a recent new intolerance I have developed, so I have taken to drinking Silk Almondmilk®. Silk® is the only brand I buy because I like the ingredients list and love their commitment to the Non-GMO Project.
My favorite new variety of Silk® is the Silk Vanilla Almondmilk Protein + Fiber®.
About Silk Vanilla Almondmilk Protein + Fiber®:
- 50% more calcium than dairy milk
- Good source of protein
- Excellent source of fiber
- Excellent source of vitamin E
- Absolutely no cholesterol or saturated fat
- Free of dairy, lactose, gluten, soy, casein, egg and MSG
- Enrolled in the Non-GMO Project’s product verification program
- No artificial colors, flavors or funny business
Silk Protein + Fiber Almondmilk® is the perfect addition to an energy-packed breakfast smoothie!
This smoothie is thick and rich and is the perfect start to a busy day. It is chock full of protein and fiber and will fuel your day. If you don’t have time to mix up a smoothie, the vanilla flavored Silk Almondmilk Protein + Fiber® tastes great! I love to add it to my coffee and my son enjoys it straight up.
Toasted Coconut & Fig Almond Milk Smoothie
- ⅓ cup dried figs with stems removed (about 5)
- 2 frozen bananas
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
- 1 tbsp raw honey (optional)
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 2 cup almond milk (I used Silk Vanilla Protein + Fiber Almondmilk®)
- ½ cup coconut (plus extra for garnish)
- Heat oven to 300 degrees
- Spread finely shredded coconut on a baking sheet
- Toast, stirring frequently until lightly golden brown (about 5 minutes)
- Add frozen bananas, figs, cacao powder, honey, almond butter, vanilla and almond milk to blender (I use a Vitamix but any blender should work).
- Blend until smooth.
- Add in toasted coconut and mix until thoroughly blended.
- Serve topped with toasted coconut.
If you don't have figs, you could use pitted dates as well.
This is my new favorite smoothie!
For more information about the new Silk Protein + Fiber® and to print out a coupon so you can try it for yourselves visit Silk.com. To find Silk Protein + Fiber® near you, check out the store locator.