There is nothing like the taste of 100% natural Florida Orange Juice, especially when it is fresh squeezed. Fresh squeezed Florida OJ is up there next to chocolate cake on my list of favorite things.
It’s sweet, tastes amazing and orange juice has a lot of benefits for you that you may not have known about. When I drink OJ I feel like I am having a sweet treat. It actually tastes rich and sinful but it’s great knowing that something so good can actually be so beneficial to your body. OJ gives me natural energy without anything fake in it. I really feel like I can face the day with my best foot forward after a tasty glass of orange juice.
Below are some facts about 100% pure Florida OJ that you may not have realized.
Did you know?
- One 8 ounce serving of 100 percent orange juice is a good source of potassium and folate and an excellent source of vitamin C – These are three important nutrients that are under consumed in the United States, according to the Dietary Guidelines for Americans.
- One serving of 100 percent orange juice is more nutrient dense than many commonly-consumed 100 percent fruit juices – A refreshing glass of 100 percent orange juice has no added sugars or artificial sweeteners, which may be found in many fruit juice cocktails and sports drinks.
- A key recommendation of the Dietary Guidelines for Americans is to increase fruit intake – One 8-ounce glass of 100 percent orange juice provides half of the USDA-recommended daily fruit intake for most adults, based on a 2,000-calorie diet.
We often reach for things that are loaded with added sugar, artificial colors and artificial flavors, but with orange juice, you get great taste, feel great, and know you are putting something 100% REAL into your body.
Nutrition Expert Kathleen M. Zelman, MPH, RD has some great healthy tips to help make your daily routine a little healthier.
This is my favorite tip:
Jumpstart your morning with a nutritious meal that includes protein, fruit and energizing nutrient-dense carbs.
- Think you don’t have time for a complete breakfast? Blend your favorite fruit with 100 percent Florida orange juice and low-fat yogurt for a convenient, on-the-go smoothie.
- Want to jazz up your weekend breakfast? Substitute 100 percent Florida orange juice for water in your pancake batter to give your meal a zesty, new taste.
Having a healthy breakfast with the right balance of nutrients is so important for everyone, and it is often something many people miss out on. Not starting the day right can affect the entire rest of your day causing you to be tired, distracted and overall not performing at your best. It can affect your long-term health as well.
OJ is a great part of your morning routine!